Sunday 2 August 2015

Season 1, Ep. 02

             The "Lost" Phenomenon

   I feel like this blog will be much like the "Lost" series. Hashtag warning, there will be random flashbacks. Like a lot. MINUS the stupid, desperate ending to the story. I hope. It was nice how there were those flashbacks where we finally got to see the characters off that island looking decent. And technically I live on a island *purum pum tsss*.
   Isn't blogging awesome? I always loved writing but I never had the discipline to do it. I wrote a short screen play when this friend motivated me to do it as part of this American Short Film competition. The theme was the Greek recession. We had to write it, film it and submit it within 48 hours and incorporate our Greek flag in the story. Those were the rules. It was fun, and it did do very well I must brag. That's when I realised how much I enjoy writing. But blogging man, the old nanna in me thinks how neat it is to speak your mind about things and share it with people. Marvellous marvellous idea. 
   Since the Greek recession has been super hot in the media again this summer/winter, even here, I'm gonna talk about the short film a bit more. It's been over three years since we filmed it but 'somehow' it is still very current. We had asked two British actors to be in it and share their personal view on the country. What do they think of Greece. Their love for us was obvious. They know of the country as this beautiful, fun, friendly and carefree place on earth with its vast natural beauty. We incorporated their views in the story as well as their views on the recession crisis as much as we could. 
   To this day, no matter how much of a fever the media has caused due to the situation over there, our foreigners think of Greece as the land of Opa, Ouzo, sun, sea, moussaka, loud music and freedom. And if any of you amazing non-Greeks here don't understand any of these words, maybe it's time you booked your holiday to Greece, wink wink. Greek sea and sun not in crisis.
I left Greece almost a decade ago. But more on that next week *wink wink*

Ta, 
Katerina

PS: Feel free to check out the short film. It's pretty good. Check it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDKpmrMbDQo


For random mini-thoughts: https://twitter.com/kat_georgiou