Thursday 31 December 2015

Season 2, Ep. 05

And So This Was Christmas. 


And what have you done? Another year over, and a new one just began. Whoop.  So. I could have been dreaming for a white Christmas but no no, this was my first very warm Christmas, since at this hemisphere that I'm stuck in, everything is backwards. The weather got so warm and suddenly, guilty, force of habit, my mind got fully set on summer mode and that for me means months away from any form of Christmas spirit. And here is everyone and everywhere around me getting ready and decorating for Christmas and I swear I had to go at least 10 times in my head "Oh yeah that's right, it's December". But anyway overall a great, great first experience. So much love, so much family, just like I reckon it should be. Plus heaps of rays of sun and piling on sunblock considering there is no ozone layer here and the sun is the devil in yellow. And you know how normally we complain about HOW MUCH we eat during the Xmas holidays,  I mean the weather alone is so cold outside and frightful-shot Frank-, our appetites are grande only because of that right? Yeah I don't think I'm the only one who shall agree that during extremely hot weather my appetite is fairly low and all I want to do is drink cold refreshments. So I cannot really participate in the stomach overload campaign either soz. But boy was it fun. And did I mention sunny? Mmmm. Few pressies here and there, great catch ups with people and Billie Jean wearing her fancy bow tie collar which was my cute highlight of the day. Hashtag crazy dog lady. And come on, let's face it, when you share these special days with wonderful people, they will turn out to be memorable, period. 
And now for the New Year. History has repeatedly taught me that the more pressure I put on NYE's plans the more crap it will turn out. Easy math. And so 10 years later here I am working-ish on NYE and deciding to change another year quietly and humbly by the TV releasing my movie junkie persona. And why not. Shan't complain, 2015 was pretty big for me anyway. As far as the 'new year, new me' theories go, nah, not for me thanks, my resolution would just be to teach my other half, Greek. Boom, there you go. 
So, how was your Christmas and New Year's?


No comments:

Post a Comment